Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

What I Think of the News

On the weekends, Mom likes to take time to read the newspaper. When the weather is nice, she likes to read it outside on the deck. This morning, I started to read it too, but there was so much bad news and violence that I decided to cover it up.


Do you think that will make the bad news go away?




Uh-oh. Where did Mom go? And what's that in her hand? Oh, no! The camera!

Oh, my, it has that enticing dangly strap that must be attacked.




My paw is moving so fast that it's just a blur.



And see how fierce I am!
Hmm. Maybe reading about all that violence brings out the attack cat in me.

~Jake

P.S. I thank all you cats who came to my defense in the previous post. I think I am aging gracefully.

~Bathsheba

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At Sunday, June 03, 2007 2:09:00 AM, Blogger Skeezix the Cat said...

Noozpapers are made to be sat on. Definitly.

 
At Sunday, June 03, 2007 5:41:00 AM, Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Great actiongs photos Jake! You are doing a nice job checking out the newspaper and then attacking the camera strap! Camera straps are so much fun to play with!

 
At Sunday, June 03, 2007 6:15:00 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

Wow! Jake, you do look like a very fierce mancat! Look at your big paw! You are very right to cover up all the bad news. It is OK to read the comics though.

 
At Sunday, June 03, 2007 7:28:00 AM, Blogger michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Seeing you do could let the bad news go away.
Because it will be always happy to see your beautiful face and shape~!

 
At Sunday, June 03, 2007 9:17:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary B❤️ said...

You are doing a great job covering up the news... did you tear it to shreds?
You should do that!

 
At Sunday, June 03, 2007 1:43:00 PM, Blogger Zoey and the furballs said...

I love playing with the camera strap. I can't lay on the newspaper. Mommy and Daddy don't get it because they read it online, so does that mean I would have to stand in front of the monitor to block the bad news?

 
At Sunday, June 03, 2007 5:58:00 PM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Mom reads da paper online now so we can't lie on it. She reads and mummble stuff alot! And Bathsheba, yoor momma shood be so active when she's as old in bean years.

 
At Monday, June 04, 2007 11:53:00 AM, Blogger LZ said...

You look a little violent yourself but I think I'd like to wrestle with you. It would be fun!

Chase

 
At Tuesday, June 05, 2007 3:32:00 PM, Blogger The Crew said...

I've tried laying on the paper, but I still hear lots of bad things on TV, so I don't think it helps make bad people go away.

Bathsheba, you're aging gracefully. It's all about being lovely & beautiful, and you're both!

Your friend
Misty

 
At Tuesday, June 05, 2007 6:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

those are really cute pictures (can we call a furryoshis attack cat "cute"?). when you're done killing the camera strap, get your claws into that newspaper - nice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home