Jake and Bathsheba

A blog by two cats who used to live in the same house in Northern Virginia. Unfortunately, they are both no longer with us.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Saturday Stalking

Mom seems to think that gardens are beautiful, but that a CAT in a garden is even better. While we might agree on principle, we find her stalker paparazzi behavior unacceptable. I did not want to pose in front of the columbine (Aquilegia canadensis), an East Coast native. Mom and Dad put up lots of stakes and green tape to support the plants as they grow tall.






Just look at how tall everything has gotten this early in the season. Mom spent some time today cutting things back in the jungle that she calls a garden.





It was overcast today and rather cool. I went behind some of the plants in the jungle. I like to sleep in the mulch here when it's hot out. It was so dark today that the flash went off when Mom took this photo.




~Jake




It's not all about Jake today. Mom stalked me too. Click here for similar photo in early March.


I would NOT pose for her.












Okay, so this looks suspiciously like a pose. I just stopped to rest for a moment. Sigh. This azalea is Dad's favorite.
Here you can see it covered with snow - in April!







Have you ever heard of a CATBIRD? Click on the picture to enlarge, and you will see the catbird on the horizonal pole. He likes to visit the suet feeder on the right. He doesn't look like a cat, but he can make a sound that's similar to a mew. He didn't fool me, but he sure mewed a lot when he saw me outside.



Oh, and BTW, that was NOT me in the door mirror in the previous post. That was Jake! Somehow the flash left a white dot on Jake's front leg to make it appear that he has beautiful white feet like I do. Not true. Mom cannot explain why one of the back feet looks white, but if you look closely, the other back foot is not white. Very strange photo.


~Bathsheba

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At Sunday, May 06, 2007 4:43:00 AM, Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

You have a beautiful garden! :) It is easy to see why your mom likes taking photos of both of you in your garden. You are also both very brave, roaming your garden like that. I'm only allowed out in our yard on my harness.

I had never heard of a catbird before. He looks like he'd be lots of fun to watch!

 
At Sunday, May 06, 2007 6:48:00 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

I love your garden too. It is so beautiful, and it looks big. I like the parts with the big rocks. It looks like such a natural setting. You are lucky! I think the azaleas are very pretty, too.

 
At Sunday, May 06, 2007 10:05:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary B❤️ said...

Wowie, you two live in a great place, so beeeeyoootiful! You are so lucky to be able to wander around out there!!

Have a great day Bathsheba, and Jake too!!

 
At Sunday, May 06, 2007 11:47:00 AM, Blogger Zoey and the furballs said...

Your garden is quite spectacular and my Mommy particularly likes the Azalea. She says she's jealous because we had a really bad hail storm and it damaged all the blooms this year so she didn't even get to enjoy them for long.

 
At Sunday, May 06, 2007 12:54:00 PM, Blogger Bogdan, the editor said...

I love your garden! And I agree with your Mom: Gardens are great but even better with cats in 'em.

— The Morning Scratch human

 
At Sunday, May 06, 2007 6:45:00 PM, Blogger Monica said...

It's nice to see pictures of you doing patrols. But I understand how sometimes you can just not be in the mood for pictures. The paparazzi can definitely get out of hand sometimes.

 
At Sunday, May 06, 2007 10:38:00 PM, Blogger Forty Paws said...

What a gorgeous garden!! Maw has garden envy! We have never met a catbird before. That is very interesting. We will have to see if they make it as far south as Texas.

Luf, Us

 
At Monday, May 07, 2007 1:54:00 AM, Blogger Monica said...

Dear Bathsheba, Would you and Jake like to join the Pablo Fan Club? I think you would be fine club members. I don't recall seeing you comment on Pablo's blog before. I'm sure it would only take one visit to see how worthy he is to be admired.

 
At Monday, May 07, 2007 1:56:00 AM, Blogger Tara said...

Thats it, I'm moving in...
Tara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home